AUTOMOBILART MADE IN GERMANY
Porsche, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo…, legendary sports cars, the classic berlinetta, the Formula 1 and the super sports car are the subjects of Steffen's work. For nearly 30 years now he has been working in this field as an automobile artist. He loves the fascination to create detailed, sharp-angled motives on a spatula background, in acrylic technique on canvas.
Several art calendar projects and different signed art print editions on museum quality canvas, such as the “Jo Siffert Edition”, have been the result of his work.
His latest project is two metres and eighty centimetres high - the bronze plinth reveals the unmistakable silhouette of the legendary Ferrari F40, which defined the super sports car genre back in 1987.
Steffen's paintings are commissioned by private collectors and prestigious automobile manufacturers and component suppliers such as Porsche Stuttgart, MAHLE Stuttgart, NGK Europe, AUTOBAU Switzerland, Jaguar England, Alfa Romeo Germany, Ferrari Club Germany, Switzerland and Luxembourg, Techno Classica Essen – the artist of the show poster 1996-2007, Lamborghini Club Germany, Pirelli Switzerland, Yokohama, Omega watches Switzerland…) A lot of his original paintings are signed by the drivers themselves (Nico Rosberg, Michael und Ralf Schumacher, HH Frentzen, Felipe Massa, Jacky Ickx, Brian Redman, Emanuele Pirro, Tom Kristensen, Mattias Ekström…)
Over the last few years, Steffen's work has been on display at a number of prestigious exhibitions and automobile fairs, including:
- IAA | Frankfurt, Germany
- Automobilsalon Genf | Geneva, Switzerland
- Ferrari Deutschland | Wiesbaden, Germany
- Alfa Romeo Flagstore | Frankfurt, Germany
- Goodwood Revival | Chichester, England
- Techno Classica | Essen, Germany
- Oldtimer Grand Prix | Nürburgring, Germany
- Classic Days Schloss Dyck | Jüchen, Germany
- Jim Clark Revival | Hockenheim, Germany
- Sportcars St. Moritz | St. Moritz, Switzerland
- Porsche Showtime | Interlaken, Switzerland
- Essen Motor Show | Essen, Germany